FanPost

Callahan's Hit on Frans Neilsen = Dirty?

Here is a link of the video

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=umTWkmQ9-y0

I want your honest opinion, is this a dirty hit?

I honestly saw no blatant attempt to injure. Sure, it was a hit to the face, but the argument was "Was it an intentional hit to the head"? I've been back and forth arguing with some Bruins fans that are headstrong with this was a dirty hit, and I just can't swallow it. OK, fine it was a headshot. According to the rules, he should get a 5 minute major and a game misconduct, but NOT a suspension because it's his first offense. However, there was still no intent to target the head. I felt like they were battling for a puck, Neilsen kept his head down as he as going for the puck and didn't look around, while Callahan was going i for a shoulder check and missed (well, hit, but didn't get him cleanly). Please, what are your opinions? Are we biased towards Callahan or is this a dirty hit?