FanPost

All-Time Free Agent Fail Lineup

For the last couple days I was thinking about making a post about a lineup of all the NYR free agent failures then today I decided to go for it after reading John's post on Frolov and saying he's definitely apart of the NYR Free Agent busts. So this is what I came up w/ instead of doing schoolwork for finals & the end of semester. Had a couple blanks come up and had to do some research for some other busts (Scott Fraser? WTF?) but this what I've got for now w/ a couple blank spots. Feel free to comment, add a bust, defend a player, and share in the depressing mood that remembering these signings put me in.

Head Coach: Brian Trottier

LW----C----RW

Valeri Kamensky----Holik----Theo Fleury

Alex Frolov----Scott Gomez----Ales Kotalik

???----Chris Drury----???

Donald Brashear---???---Scott Fraser

Darius Kaspairatis --- Wade Redden

Vladimir Malakhov --- Stephane Quintal

Aaron Ward --- Michal Rozsival

G: Kevin Weekes

"If I had [the Rangers] payroll, my team would never lose a game." - Glen Sather.

Two players that I was hesitant about including were Fleury & Rozsival. Rozy has played much better recently but I still consider it a bad signing and could not think of another bad D-man signing, feel free to replace him w/ someone else. I was very young when Theo was here and I liked watching him play, he didn't live up to expectations but I didn't think he was absolutely awful either in my opinion.

Couldn't think of a goalie since Dunham was traded for & I've got 3 empty forward slots...I blame it on being drained at the end of the semster once again.

Edit: Agreed w/ George's points on Cullen and removed him while adding Kotalik & Zherdev.