FanPost

Growing up with the Rangers

I don't know about you guys, but I think the majority of Ranger fans have been life long Rangers, like since they've been in diapers. I know I have, and I'm sure most of you have. The Rangers are like a tradition, pass down from generation to generation of spreading the seed of Rangerism. And although they may have not been as successful, they are still a classic team that will always hold a place in my heart due to the way I grew up learning them. My grandfather and my father were both big Ranger fans and they passed it onto me and I'd talk to them about hockey when I was like 5 and I kind of bonded with them. My grandfather passed when I was 7, so I would just usually talk to my dad about sports. And we became very close and now have a great relationship, I don't consider him just my dad, he's also my best friend and I know a lot of that comes from the bonding I spent with my dad talking about our love for the rangers, hockey, and also other sports. So the Rangers helped me have a great relationship with my dad and they will always be great memories to me because of our connection in hockey. I never really thought about until now, but I feel lucky to have a dad like that because I know there are Ranger fans that probably wished to grow up watching the Rangers as a family like I did. I hadn't really appreciated that until I realized what it did for me. So what I'm getting at is to cherish your grandpa or your father for showing you this great sport, because they really deserve the praise. Sorry if this all sounds weird, I just can't sleep and I thought how thankful I am to still have my dad around, because I know a lot of other people sure miss their dad.