Fisher scored his second of the game in the third period, but Erik Christensen tied it, Sauer put the Rangers ahead for the first time in the game, and Brandon Dubinsky put the Sens to bed with an empty netter.

The Rangers are now 11-4-1 on the road, maybe they need to go back to wearing white at home.

Mike Sauer

#38 / Defenseman / New York Rangers

6-3

213

Aug 07, 1987

Final Thoughts:

  • I never thought I would say this, but I sure hope Steve Eminger is ok.
  • Congratulations on your first NHL goal Sauer, but that pass from behind your own net is ridiculous. Hockey 101 type stuff.
  • Henrik getting run, nothing called, same old story.
  • Derek Boogaard: another fight, another injury. I think from now on I am calling him Donald Boogaard, or Derek Brashgaard.
  • We hit the magic number of 1000 comments in the game thread last night, great job guys, and "Name That Clown" is becoming a popular game within the game, thanks Dig Deep!
  • Ugly, but we'll take it. Winning ugly beats losing pretty any day.

Senators vs Rangers recap

Senators vs Rangers boxscore

Silver Seven