Rangers News: Rangers-Flames Trade Still Alive

Earlier today we were told that that the talks between the Rangers and the Flames regarding the projected trade that would see the Blueshirts acquire veteran center Olli Jokinen have hit a plateau. That came from several sources including Larry Brooks, Andrew Gross, Bob McKenzie, and others. Now it is Darren Dreger of TSN stepping in, stating in his latest tweet that the trade between Calgary and New York is still "very much alive" and that it could be finalized after the conclusion of tonight's tilt between the Flames and the Flyers beginning at 9:30 pm Eastern Time.

So now it is just a matter of waiting to see how things play out. During the time lapse between this post and our earlier post this afternoon, several Rangers sources mentioned that there is a possibility that Ryan Callahan was suggested by either party during negotiations, but I have a very hard time believing GM Glen Sather would trade away his future just to dump Ales Kotalik and gain a rental in Jokinen. However, I cannot assure you of that.

Dreger's Tweet:

"Flames-Rangers trade very much alive. Could be finalized following Calgary's game with the Flyers."