FanPost

Rangers/Panthers Deal Potential Names

probably dont need a new thread, but the other one was getting long and since this has more names mentioned might as well give it some pub.  This guy is the same guy db mentioned w dubi and horton after we started speculating, but on background he is the one who had the Kovy deal posted on hfboards 18hrs before it broke and called the brashear/orr swap by us 2 days before it happened, so he is legit in his info for those of you who dont know him.

Originally Posted by Dagoon44
I have been saying for days they were talking.

Horton and Jordan Leopold, Weiss, Gregory Campbell and McIntyre are names I have heard from Fla.

Voros Dubinsky Callahan Dan Girardi, Lisin, Sauer, Sags and Matt Gilroy are names rumored to be going south.

Obviously not all involved.  this actually wouldnt be far from one of my proposals other than leopold instead of seidenberg. i really have no interest in campbell or mcintyre if those are the only options from florida really outside of Horton and a defender cause if we start talking Horton and Weiss you are definitely talking both Cally and Dubi.  I am glad to see that Olesz isnt on the list, but i dont know if that changes if players like Rozi were to get added.

For me Voros, Sauer and Girardi are expendable pieces easily.  I like Sauer and think he will be a good defender in the league but he wont play as long as Torts is the coach cause he doesnt fit this system.

Florida keeps griping about how they dont play hard and what not well if that is the concern i still say Cally is what they need more than Dubi, even though Dubi has more talent.  Voros and Girardi (in a defensive system) will bring solid play every night and Voros lately definitely played hard if not smart or talented.  We start talking about adding Sangs to the mix then more needs to be coming back this way as he is a legit prospect.  Gilroy to me is exchangeable with Girardi but if they need more experience Girardi probably fits the bill better.  Lisin is an interesting case to me because he clearly has talent but Torts has found reasons to not play him.

the thing that makes me think that in the end the rangers will give up dubi and not cally is Torts.  You never really hear Torts criticize cally in the media, but he is constantly letting comments out there about Dubi's effort and consistency, which makes me believe he would deal him first, call it a hunch.

probably something like Dubi, Voros, Girardi, Rozi for Horton, Leopold and hopefully not Olesz.  If they want Sangs, I want Frolik and i dont see that happening.  I do have to wonder if Sather is considering giving up Sangs since Potter was the callup and not Sangs.

Originally Posted by Dagoon44
Guys there are ton of names being mentioned on both sides. The Rangers are trying shed more salary like Rosies and Florida is trying to make the Rangers give up young cheap players to take it on. Rosie and Brashear are the types the Rangers are trying to move and Florida is like ok but Dubi or cally is coming to, i hear it is early stages and not 100% happening

This is what Florida should do if they are taking on bad contracts like Rozi or Brash make the rangers pay by offsetting it with cheap players.

As for the timing:

Originally Posted by Dagoon44

I was out to dinner with Andrew Peters of the Devils. I spoke to 2 inside sources and they are saying either Weds after the game or the deal will simmer to after the Olympic break. Dubi is definitely being mentioned.

this means we should either know soon or nothing will happen for a while, which is a good thing that it wont drag out for days.