FanPost

Tim Gleason

Hey everyone,

I was just looking for a physical defenseman the Rangers might have a shot at getting since Carolina is selling at the moment. I noticed he was playing for team USA this year, and wanted to know your thoughts about him. What the rangers would have to do to make this happen and is it even possible in what we'd have to give up. I posted some info at the bottom of this post. I know he can scrap and averages about 5 a year against decent fighters, but can he dish out a big hit and play physical in front of Hank. Can he be the guy that can add sandpaper to the blueline and handle ice time to keep up with the play. Looking at his age,stats, and the amt of money he makes I doubt Carolina would give him up, but who knows. I think he's a better answer then Souray who is a better offensive player, but is a fragile player with a horrible plus/minus.

DOB: 1/29/1983. AGE: 27. CONTRACT INFO: Cap Hit: $2.75 million.