FanPost

Some Details on Prust(as told by Flames fans)..

As I was checking out the Flames site "MATCHSTICKS AND GASOLINE", I was tempted to ask a few questions. Check out the scoop (i feel like a journalist) on newly-acquired Brandon Prust.

See after the jump..

NOT TOO ADD TO YOUR MISERY TOO MUCH FLAMES FANS..

BUT us rangers fans have been talking about how sather needs to shake up the team, and we established that as much as we would like to move them, Reddden, Rozsival, and Kotalik were simply unmoveable..and here tonight, we see 1 of the 3 "unmoveable objects" traded for a former all-star. As for Higgins, we ranger fans simple called him Chris "FANS ON THE SHOT" Higgins. But he does work and on a good day really stands out..but thats on a good day. Good luck!

by polishBLUE on Feb 1, 2010 10:58 PM PST reply actions   0 recs

Higgins might be the only bright spot on an otherwise depressing night.

Where even Dion Phaneuf can get traded. So don't think your untouchable.

by CofRed on Feb 1, 2010 10:59 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

thats a depressing thought

by M F on Feb 1, 2010 10:59 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

well, sorry to say it but you ain’t getting much return. actually, i take that back. we fucking adore brandon prust.

by walkinvisible on Feb 1, 2010 10:59 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

maybe were not getting much in return, but its more of a low risk/high reward move for us. Prust, according to you guys, is a heart and soul guy, something ny is in dire need for. And Jokinen has put up good numbers in the past, who knows if a trip back to the east can suddenly be a spark.

by polishBLUE on Feb 1, 2010 11:01 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

well if you like the sound of pucks on posts, then you’re good to go. please cheer hard for prusty. for serious. we’re devastated about that guy going.

by walkinvisible on Feb 1, 2010 11:04 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

Well…Im not "devastated". But he’s a useful player.

Matchsticks and Gasoline
Fivehole fanatics

by Kent Wilson on Feb 1, 2010 11:05 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

fine. i’m speaking for me and duncan then. ;)

by walkinvisible on Feb 1, 2010 11:06 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

idk if you guys know much about callahan, but would you say prust and cally are the same type off players? does prust have any skill besides throwing the body?

by polishBLUE on Feb 1, 2010 11:08 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

Callahan is better offensively. Prust is good with the puck and can skate, but is probably no better than a 3rd/4th liner. He’s better than your average goon, for instance.

Matchsticks and Gasoline
Fivehole fanatics

by Kent Wilson on Feb 1, 2010 11:09 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

He beat Rypien both in the ring and on the ice. He’s an easy guy to root for and useful for roster-filling.

by R O on Feb 1, 2010 11:10 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

Give’s a boost of energy but he won’t be much more then a 10 Goal type guy if given all 82 games.

Where even Dion Phaneuf can get traded. So don't think your untouchable.

by CofRed on Feb 1, 2010 11:09 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

He can take a punch. Youtube the Rypien-Prust fights from early January. Awesome

by paul-marc on Feb 1, 2010 11:10 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

…..exactly what NYR fans want to hear, thanks for the info fellas and i honestly hope that Higgins works out for your sane sake, cuz Kotalik sure as hell wont

by polishBLUE on Feb 1, 2010 11:14 PM PST up reply actions   0 recs

AND heres the link for the PRUST-RYPIEN clash. Sorry, dont know how to put the video in..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nia4wjJr_C0