FanPost

Why a U.S.A Gold Medal would be the best thing for the NHL

After watching Sunday's epic (but in no way miraculous) US/Canada tilt and watching and reading all of the reaction around the sports world and all of the attention the players have gotten imagine what a gold medal for this US team could do. Even with the game on MSNBC it was still highly rated and watched by millions of people across the country and with all of this newfound buzz around the US team winning a gold medal could potentially spike interest in following these players as they play in the NHL which would increase audiences, revenue and put more butts in those seats. Also it would make it harder for Gary Betteman to pull the NHLers from the 2014 games in Soci Russia (not sure if that is spelled right).

Granted the USA team has a long way to go and nothing is being assumed here but what if the US manages to win their next two games and goes into the gold medal game on Sunday against Russia or Canada...even making it to that game would be a great success for team USA, USA Hockey, the NHL and the sport in general.

So go ahead guys and tell me why I'm wrong