FanPost

Rangers May Acquire Alex Auld from Dallas

Darren Dreger of TSN just reported via Twitter that the Rangers made a claim on the Stars' Alex Auld via re-entry. Whether he makes it to New York or not is unclear, nor are any outlying circumstances.

It does, however, make for an interesting goalie situation for the Rangers. If Auld comes to Broadway, Hartford gets awfully crowded. Doesn't it? Chad Johnson hasn't played well in Hartford, Zaba's not quite ready, and this claim would clearly be a vote of no-confidence for Valiquette. Someone's gotta go, right?

Also, Dreger tweeted that Gaborik may play tonight as the injury isn't related to a cut over his knee. Hopefully he's right.

SB Nation Featured Video