FanPost

WAIVER WIRE: WILL WE WANT WITT?

Brendan Witt has just been placed on waivers from the Long Island Fishsticks.  Given the swiss cheese that currently makes up our blueline, should the Rangers consider him?  Isles would pay half his salary, but is another 'veteran' (read overpaid/fragile/underperforming) really what this team needs?

TSN Comment:

Wow, Rangers should seriously consider this - 1.5 million cap hit (after re-entry) puts him below Redden, Rozsival, Gilroy, or Girardi!Plus I enjoy the idea of having the islanders pay half of his salary.

Have at it.