FanPost

Tortorella needs to go.

Tortorella should be relieved of his coaching duties after the season is over. His pre-season focus on conditioning and defensemen joining the rush never amounted to anything. He is STILL experimenting with lines, not just from game to game, but many times within each game. He often appears mentally unstable, sitting players more as an outlet for his constantly simmering anger than for any rational reason. He bears a great deal of responsibility for the inconsistency as well as the offensive incompetence that this team has shown all year. All the yelling hasn't worked, it's backfired.

I have to admit, for awhile I found his post-game antics funny, but they haven't worn well on me. Reporters have a job - to ask the coach for an assessment of a player or a line after a game is reasonable. Torts' pat answer has become: "I don't want to dissect the game" or "I don't want to judge a player's performance." Then why even bother giving a press conference? Take some responsibility for the fact that your record is worse at this point in the season than Renney's was last year, don't just lash out at media. It's the easy way out.

This team needs to rebuild around Gaborik and Lundqvist. We have some good young players, and hopefully within a year or two will have added a strong defenseman and a first line center. With the talent we have coming up, we should be a good team in 3-5 years, maybe even a contender. We need someone with a steadier hand than Tortorella to guide this process. He's too unstable, inconsistent, and even unprofessional. Thoughts?