FanPost

Two Rumored Oiler Deals

In seeing as how we are competing with the Panthers and Bruins a couple of rumored trades that might go down would impact the Ranger playoff chances this year.  Neither of these are confirmed deals at this point, so treat them as rumor and speculation only.

1. "Visnovsky to Boston for Ryder, Colbourne, 4th round pick."

Bruins could use a puck moving d-man and Ryder certainly has underachieved this year and has 1 more year on his deal at 4 mil a year, but giving up Colbourne seems like it would be a high price to pay, not to mention the 5.6 mil cap hit Lubo has over the next 3.  this could free them up to move a weidman however for a better forward.

2.  "Horcoff, 4th round pick to Florida for Olesz, Shore. Something along the lines of those two"

i understand that Olesz is up and down, extremely inconsistent and the organization is frustrated with him, but this deal doesnt make any sense to me.  Olesz is 24 and signed at a 3.125 cap hit for 4 more years, so still relatively cheap and upside still there.  In Horcoff you have a guy who is already 31 and has an awful contract that has 5 years and a 5.5 mil cap hit left on hit.  Not to mention the Panthers would also give up Drew Shore who was ranked as their 2nd round pick this past draft, and rated their 6th best prospect.  if a move like this can go down then rozi and even redden could be traded that's how bad horcoff's deal is.  Not to mention if florida wants an overpaid center that bad can we offer them Dru?

If these two deals happen Edmonton is added some good young talent, especially Colbourne, and dropping salary both in the cap hits but also in the length of contracts, while Florida and Boston would be doing exactly what i keep saying and hoping the Rangers wont do just to squeak in the playoffs.