FanPost

Potential Rangers/Panthers Trade Discussion

I cannot stand Ecklund, but this is rumor season so lets go with the vague rumor he put out there concerning the Rangers and we like him can speculate on who is involved.

* The Rangers and Panthers are talking and it sounds like a mega deal. Right now the rumor isn't attached to any specific names, but sources are only saying "surprising names for both teams," and "A basic re-shuffle the deck deal." I could have names by 5pm if one source gets back to me.

Jim or Joe, call him back please, lol (certainly better than it being Larry Brooks as the source).

I go back to the idea i had a few weeks ago with Cally, Rozi, Girardi/Gilroy and a pick for McCabe and Horton.  I know the love here for Cally and I love the way he plays hard every shift, but if a talent like Horton is on the table you have to pull the trigger.  I have heard the Panthers in rumors the last couple days have Olesz, Booth and Horton all mentioned so they are definitely looking to do something and they need to make the playoffs after all the years out of it.  Horton is out now w a broken leg but didnt need surgery and was said to miss a month starting about two weeks ago so he should be back at the end of the break or not long after.  An added bonus to making a move on Horton now is that he has played significant time with Olli in the past as a winger or he could play center with gabby, but i would leave EC there for now.  McCabe only has 1 year left on his deal and though a bigger cap hit than rozi virtually the same salary.  McCabe also brings his big shot and some toughness to our d-core.  What makes me nervous is the idea that "surprising names" are included though maybe cally is surprising since to this point Sather has refused to deal him.  Have at it.

In other good news at least as i see it:

*The Bruins and Habs are looking at Souray...

No mention of the Rangers.