Rangers News: Rangers Call-Up Corey Potter

Let the speculation (or dreaming) begin. The Rangers official  full press release if after the jump. Thoughts?

New York, March 1, 2010 – New York Rangers President and General Manager Glen Sather announced today that defenseman Corey Potter has been recalled from the Hartford Wolf Pack of the American Hockey League (AHL).
Potter, 26, has registered a plus or even rating in each of his last four contests with Hartford, and added an assist in a 2-1 loss vs. Springfield on Friday.  He returns to the Rangers, where he has skated in two games this season, having made his season debut on February 10 vs. Nashville.  Potter has appeared in 51 AHL games with Hartford this season, recording two goals and 11 assists for 13 points, along with a plus-five rating and 46 penalty minutes.  His plus-five rating ranks fourth on the team overall, and he ranks fourth among team defensemen in points, assists and shots (80).  He tied his AHL career-high with three assists, and registered a plus-three rating in a 5-1 win at Norfolk on February 6.  He has recorded three multi-point efforts, including back-to-back two-point performances in a 5-2 win vs. Lowell on October 24 (one goal and one assist) and a 4-3 win vs. Worcester on October 25 (two assists).  Potter’s goal vs. Lowell on October 24 was also his first career shorthanded tally.
The Lansing, Michigan native was originally the Rangers fourth round selection, 122nd overall, in the 2003 NHL Entry Draft.
Madison Square Garden is a fully-integrated sports, entertainment and media business. The company is comprised of three business segments: MSG Sports, MSG Entertainment and MSG Media, which are strategically aligned to work together to drive its overall business, and built on a foundation of iconic venues and compelling content that MSG creates, produces, presents and/or distributes through its programming networks and other media assets. MSG Sports consists of the New York Knicks (NBA), the New York Rangers (NHL), the New York Liberty (WNBA), and the Hartford Wolf Pack (American Hockey League). MSG Entertainment is a leader in managing and creating concerts and events at Madison Square Garden, Radio City Music Hall, The Theater at Madison Square Garden, the Beacon Theatre, the Chicago Theatre, the Wang Theatre in Boston, and produces the Radio City Christmas Spectacular featuring the Radio City Rockettes. MSG Media is comprised of leading television networks MSG, MSG Plus, MSG HD and MSG Plus HD, as well as MSG Interactive, which oversees all company wireless and online initiatives, and Fuse and Fuse HD, the national television network dedicated exclusively to music. The company owns and operates the Madison Square Garden arena complex located in the heart of the New York metropolitan area. More information is available at www.msg.com.