FanPost

DEAR RANGER FANS.. (DIFFERENT VIEW)

Yupp, typical ranger fans blowing everything out of proportion. Every season we see what we like and we label this team a contender. A few losing streaks come our way and we yell FIRE EVERYBODY. I was just about to start my computer program that is due tomorow 11am but before I left for the lab here on campus, I took a quick glance at blueshirtbanter here to see if anything new is going on in Ranger World. My page loads and what do I see? A letter to ranger fans from an everyday fan, speaking like a typical ranger fan (nevermind me using "ranger" 232434x). Everyone is calling for sathers head (I'd agree), the coaching staffs heads (NO!), and our core players heads (i think i just threw up in my mouth). Despite the lack of consistency and success that has followed this team around (much more so the last 2 seasons, really), there is enough panic as it is. To make this easier to follow, and for me to write, let me use basic points here:

1) CLEAR THE FRONT OFFICE!? What? How does that help? Glen Sather, the GM, sure he has to go. He's built a mediocre and inconsistent team and like its been pointed out over the whole season and beyond, getting to the playoffs every year and losing in the first round is just unacceptable. But besides Sather, who else do you want out? His assistant Cameron Hope? Yea, he probably helped Sather make idiotic and pointless decisions during his tenure. Then there is Mark Messier as the Special Assistant to the President (whom I believe will take Sathers place in the next 2-3 years). I guess if he's getting his tips from Sather than were screwed, but I feel like Mess being an actual Ranger and knowing the culture and the fans in and out will prevent him from pulling off a Wade-and-Holik-and-Bure-and-Ozolinsh-and-Lindros-etc. kind of signing. He will stick to his young guns and home grown talent.

2)FIRE THE COACHING STAFF!? And why do that...again? This is Torteralla's and CO. first season behind the bench. Remember, its a foundation their trying to built and a core their trying to build it around. Its not going to happen in one season, probably not in two or three (unless we get as lucky as the Avalanche). Building a foundation and bringing the culture back to the Rangers organization is not going to happen overnight. Calling for his head, Sullivan's, and Allaire's just puts us a step behind. Just because it seems like the players don't believe in him or have enough of him doesn't mean that we should give up on him. He never brought immediate success to Tampa. He had his feuds with Vinny Lecavlier and our own Vinny (Vaclav) Prospal. He built a fire in them that led to a championship a few seasons later. Just stop with this, let the coach build his team and in three years if we regress or get nowhere, I'll be sure to come back to this site and take all the critiscism I deserve.

3) Trade Gabby and Henrik? Not gonna happen and not gonna work. Why? Well follow me on this one. We need our top players to believe in their coach and his system. Before I go any further, let me just point out who the core of this team is: Hank, Gabby, Staal, Cally, Dubi, MDZ, AA, Avery (and i DID put them in order of importance) Eight players? Let me explain. Hank is the superstart goalie we haven't had since Richter. Gabby is the superstar sniper we haven't had since Rod Gilbert, Staal and MDZ in one package are (OK, NOT YET) like Leetch and Zubov, Cally has the heart of Mess, Dubi is like Esa, AA is the young Kovalev, and Avery...well it's not like any other team wants him + he actually wants to be a Ranger. They will be forced to deal with Torts' antics and tirades. However, they will have no choice but to accept it. Now when players like Stepan, Graychev, Kreider, Bobby Sangs, McDonagh, Bourque, Werek, etc. fight for their spots on the team in the upcoming seasons, they will be aware of the fact that no player is bigger than the team and the current core will set the tone and culture that needs to be followed.

ALL in all, there is no need to panic and clear the house. This team (managers,coaches,players)will build from mistakes and let-downs and use it as motivation. The future is bright and we need core players to build around. I understand everyones frustration, but at this point in the season, my take on the season is that once again we start off strong, slowly regress, and than fight for that final playoff spot-but this time around, instead of pushing for that playoff spot I am REAAALLLYYY hoping that the Rangers finish top 5 (from the bottom), get a good pick, chose a good and motivated player, and move on from there.

Ok well my work here is done. Agree or disagree...it wont change my view on things. And MR. GREG CAGGIANO, this was written with ZERO intention on making you look bad (it might actually make me look bad) but your post really got to me and a simple comment on it wouldn't be enough for me.

----- Time to go start on that computer program (anyone good at INTRO TO COMPUTERS AND APPLICATIONS?)