FanPost

I want to thank you all...

I've been writing and covering hockey for two years now on various websites. I never had the aspiration of becoming a journalist, I just wanted this as a hobby. In case there was any doubt in my mind that I wanted this for a career, I wanted to thank you all personally for helping me realize that I never want to make a living writing. I'm not sure if I ever want to write again. I want to thank you all because now I no longer have to waste my time writing about stuff that clearly, no one cares about.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion, or so I thought. What happened today is something I have never experienced before in my life. I can take people disagreeing with me, that's part of the journey. But to have personal attacks and insults thrown at me is something new. I thought Ranger fans could handle a slight, two sentence jab at a player on the team. Criticism is nothing new to this team, but I guess I rubbed you the wrong way.

Many of you were demanding that I no longer write for this site anymore because I "had no idea what I was talking about" and am "not a real fan", and in response to that, I have asked to be removed from the writing team here. I do not wish to be a part of a website whose readers cannot handle a jab thrown at a player, and have to revert to calling me, "a complete fucking retard". Since many of you said you would not read anything else I have to write or take me seriously again, I do not want to be a detriment to the site and cause reads to go down. I really enjoyed my few weeks on the site up to this point, and I want to thank those who enjoyed reading my articles as much as I enjoyed writing them. I have no ill feelings toward anyone on this site, and I wish you all well.

Aur revoir.