FanShot

Ovechkin Suspended 2 Games

"Alex Ovechkin has been suspended two games by the NHL for his hit yesterday on Chicago defenseman Brian Campbell. The Caps captain and two-time league MVP was assessed a five-minute major and his third misconduct of the season for boarding Campbell, who reportedly could miss the rest of the season with a broken clavicle and ribs." - Washington Post/Capitals Insider Ovechkin is undoubtedly a very exciting and talented player, but there is a clear pattern developing with his decisions when taking the body. He deserved this suspension, and anyone who says otherwise does not fully understand the game of hockey from a players perspective. Granted, your body and mind are moving so fast out there stuff happens, but in the end everyone is responsible for their actions on the ice.