FanPost

Drury: Rangers Need to "Grow Up Real Fast"

Greg Wyshynski of Yahoo's does a nice job recapping Chris Drury's postgame comments after yesterday's debacle:

So Drury threw down the gauntlet, fueled by frustration. From the NY Daily News:

"Again, it's consistency. It's so obvious how we have to play and see how successful we can be with it, and it just again, it bites us in the ass. We're just not consistent with it. What we did well against Philly was the opposite end of the spectrum tonight.

Why that consistency is not there, a seething Drury said: "It's immaturity. That's what it's been all year."

Joe McDonald of NY Sports Day had Drury elaborate:

I asked what can be done about it, Drury snapped, "Grow up real fast, in the last 12 or 13 games or whatever the hell we have left, or we will be watching playoff hockey." Then as the television cameras came over, the Ranger captain ended the interview.

Although he spoke for only about a minute, his words were as sharp as anytime during his three year tenure on Broadway. This team is very immature and is only in the playoff hunt because they have one of the top five goaltenders in the league.

I realize that these comments aren't news to any of us, but it's great to hear them from Drury (who I respect the hell out of these days, albatross contract and all).

But is it too little too late?