Rangers New: Larry Brooks tweets that Enver Lisin and Aaron Voros are on waivers

Wow, very interesting move here by Sather.Larry Brooks has tweeted that the Rangers have waived Enver Lisin and Aaron Voros:

Voros Lisin on waivers

Just a moment to make a comment here but John Tortorella and Lisin never really clicked. I always liked Lisin, I always liked what he brought to the ice, but for whatever reason he was always on Tortorella's "bad side." I thought that Lisin was good for this team, I thought that he cared about winning, and I always loved his speed. Regardless the Rangers didn't seem the same things, I guess, and would rather have the cap space and the roster spot.

This move, of course, now makes the Lauri Korpikoski trade seem like yet another head scratcher.

As for Voros, what can you say? The guy was never used, and his best asset was definitely his personality. You had to figure he was out the door when the Rangers traded for Jody Shelley.

By the way these are the moves I was talking about the Rangers making in my post about an hour ago. Obviously these moves are for cap space.

Voros makes 1 million which will come off the books and Lisin makes 790K. There might be a trade in the works too, but again, that's just speculation. It just seems odd for the Rangers to make these two moves for "nothing."

Thoughts?