FanPost

My Plans for Next Season

Let grachev continue to develop in the minors. Give him another year.

Dump redden completely. Roszival i can deal with, but Redden i simply can not.

Dump redden, let jokinen, shelley, and lisin go, bring up byers, and resign prust and auld for the same salary. Keep voros as an extra forward.

Then resign staal for 3 mil (3 years), and girardi for 2 mil (2 years) and make a FA splash by bringing in volchenkov for 4.5 mil (we need him badly).

Then have an open competition on defense to see who earns the last 2 spots. most likely mdz and gilroy/sangs. For intensive purposed ill say gilroy wins. That leaves us with 7.815 mil.

Id resign prospal for 2.25 mil. Reaslitically hes going to command atleast that much. I wouldnt go over that to get him, but he is very important to our team. I would sign a veteran dman for 1 mil also. We lacked that this year. That leaves us with 4.566 mil. Than id either resign EC or bring up stepan to be our 3rd line center. Lets say that leaves us with 3.3 mil

_______ prospal gaborik
anisimov dubinsky callahan
avery christensen/stepan drury
byers boyle prust
voros

staal girardi (those two are great together)
volchenkov mdz
roszival gilroy/sangs
vet. dman

henrik
auld

So 3.3 mil to maybe bring someone in to play as a top 6 forward. Theres Frolov, who has 46 pts in 68 games. Theres Matthew Lombardi, who has 46 pts in 67 games, and theres Ponikoravsky, who has 45 pts in 68 games. It would be great if we could bring in a 50pt+ player for 3-4 mil.

That team would do us well for 1 season, while we wait for drury and rozi's contracts to finish off. what do you think?