FanPost

Carpiniello: Slats to Retire? (rumor)

Seen today on Rick Carpiniello's "Rangers Report" Blog:

Heard this last night, checked around a little, didn’t find any evidence that it’s true: Glen Sather will retire after this season.

The source claims to have knowledge of this, from a better source. I’m not sure if I believe it, and I’m certainly not sure Sather would be sharing such info with some people, and not with the people I asked. So I’m very skeptical.

Aah, the beauty of a blog. You can just throw crap like this out there. It would never fly in the newspaper. But if it comes true, remember where you read it first.

More after the jump....

Now, I don't put a lot of faith in rumors that even a beat writer is saying he's skeptical of.

But where there is smoke, there's either more smoke, or maybe a smoldering ember that could lead to a real fire.

And of course, we always have to beware of who might replace Glen Sather should he actually retire.

The best scenario(s) I've seen tend to be those suggested by mleetch352 - who recommends people from organizations that we should be emulating - like Jim Nill from Detroit.

In any event, I found it at least somewhat interesting that something like this was actually 'out there' in the blogosphere - in the days before the internet and blogs, it probably wouldn't have appeared in the printed edition of a newspaper - as Rick states in his last line....