FanPost

Why Teams Should Fear the Rangers if they Make the Playoffs

Hey guys this is Brandon C., I write for Pinstripe Alley, the SB Nation Yankees blog. I can be found on twitter here. Here's my thoughts on why the Rangers shouldn't be overlooked in the playoffs if they miraculously make it.

1. Henrik Lundqvist. May not be the clutchest goalie out there, but would you rather have Lundqvist, Varlamov, Rask, etc in net in a big game? I say Lundqvist.

2. Marian Gaborik. The obvious offensive weapon on the Rangers (if not only weapon) has the ability to score on the top goalies at any time.

3. Ryan Callahan, Chris Drury. This one was suggested by a friend of mine. He says that the Rangers have the biggest chips on their shoulders, as Drury and Callahan both lost in the championship match of the Olympics. They want to win a series. Not sure if I buy it, but interesting theory.

4. Tortorella. Say what you want about him, but he has a solid track record. Won the cup with the Lightning.

If the Rangers make the playoffs some how, I still likely won't pick them to win their first round matchup, but don't overlook them!