Rangers Prospect News: Ethan Werek Injury Update

As Jim reported last night the Rangers 2nd round pick in the 2009 Entry Draft, Ethan Werek, suffered an injury Sunday when his Kingston Frontenacs defeated the Brampton Battalion, Evgeny Grachev's former team, in game six of their OHL playoff series. Jess Rubenstein of The Prospect Park spoke and confirmed with Werek that the injury is, as Jim said, a torn MCL that will keep him out four weeks and require rehab, but no surgery. More importantly, Werek will be ready for Rangers Prospect Camp following this year's draft.

Anyway, footage of the hit that caused the injury can be found in the below video at about the 1:54 mark. Watching it the first time, it was disturbing to see Werek squirm around the ice in pain, so I do warn you that the video is somewhat graphic.