Rangers News: Rangers Acquire Eriksson from Coyotes

Another minor deal to report to you here as the New York Rangers have traded Hartford (AHL) goalie Miika Wiikman and a 2011 seventh round draft pick to Phoenix for veteran defenseman Anders Eriksson. Depth move for the Blueshirts. Eriksson will report straight to Hartford.

Per NHL.com:

The New York Rangers added depth along the blue line Wednesday, acquiring defenseman Anders Eriksson from the Phoenix Coyotes in return for goaltending prospect Miika Wiikman and a seventh-round draft pick in 2011.

Eriksson is an 11-year veteran who was part of the Detroit Red Wings' Stanley Cup championship in 1998. He has 0 goals and 3 assists in 12 games with the Coyotes this season. He signed with the Coyotes as a free agent on Dec. 21.

In 564 career games, the 35-year-old has 22 goals and 152 assists.