FanPost

Your thoughts about the 2010 Draft

Watching the game against the Islanders, for the first time in my life I didn't care if we won. I really want to make the playoffs, even though I think the franchise would be better in the long run if we had a chance at Taylor Hall or Tyler Seguin. We need a number 1 Playmaking Center to play with Gaborik. Remember the exercise we had when it was rumored that we were interested in Kovalchuk and what would it take to get him. Looking at our remaining schedule I don’t think we have a shot at finishing in the bottom five. I really think we will miss the playoffs on the last day of the season and end up with the 10th -12th pick. With these two young centers projected to go 1 and 2. Do you think it possible to trade up in order to get one of these difference making centers or would it be better to stand pat and take the best available player when we draft. If we don’t make a move what player in the draft could we get at the 12th pick that can make an instant offensive upgrade to our offensively challenged top two lines. I would like to know some of your thoughts on who the Rangers should try and target in this draft and why.

Thanks

Twitch

1.       Tyler Seguin

Ht/Wt:6.01/185 lbs