Rangers News: It All Breaks Right For the Rangers When They Don't Play

UNIONDALE, NY - MARCH 30: The New York Rangers celebrate their 4-3 win over the New York Islanders at the Nassau Coliseum on March 30, 2010 in Uniondale, New York. (Photo by Bruce Bennett/Getty Images)

Things could not have gone any better for the New York Rangers tonight. Boston was shutout by Florida at home (looks like Florida relishing the "spoiler role", Rangers will need to keep that in mind Saturday), the Islanders blew out the Flyers at the Coliseum (perhaps the Flyers got bit by rats in the locker room?), and the Washington Capitals have defeated the Atlanta Thrashers, 2-1 at the Verizon Center.

So the Rangers remain  four points behind Boston, and two points behind Atlanta, with a game at hand on the Bruins, and two games at hand on the Thrashers.

Anybody else see the irony in the fact that we need to root pretty heavily for the Caps the next two weeks so that the Rangers can get into the playoffs and more than likely play the Caps?

After rooting for the Islanders and Capitals tonight, I need a long hot shower, and some of that de-lousing powder from Shawshank Redemption.

Now we just have to hope the Rangers can do as well on a gameday as they did on their day off.