FanPost

Too Much Talk About Revamping Our Offense For Next Year and Not Enough About Defense

Too many people are talking about revamping our offense next year like adding FA's such as Kovalchuk, Plekanec, Zherdev and RFA's like Ryan, Neil, and Backstrom. Although I love the idea of signing Plekanec to a reasonable deal or prying Nick Backstrom straight out of Washington's hands it is not what needs a complete make over for next season. I feel the best thing to immediately do for this team is too revamp the Defense to some extent. It is quite apparent that one of the main reason's this team cant win is because the defense is way too weak and we get buried in our zone far too often. The first step toward bettering this team should be Dumping Rozi or Reddens contract.(This is Known) once we dump Reddens(praying to god) then we can use that cap space to resign Staal and Girardi. We then should use the rest of that space to sign a top notch FA D-man such as Volchenkov, Hamhuis, or even a guy like Shane O'Brien as someone on here mentioned a while back because he could be just as solid and much cheaper. Then we should fill in the last spot with either Sangs or Gilroy. But as of late I don't see either of them having a future with this team so maybe we use them as trade bait to get rid of Rozi's contract as well and pick up another mid level D-man to fill out the third pairing. After we do that then with whatever space we have left thats what we should see what we can do with the offense to add more scoring. But like I said the Rangers Defense is more important right now than the Offense.