FanPost

Joe Pavelski

What are the chances that Joe Pavelski is available and the Rangers jump at the oppurtunity?

This was written on prohockeytalk.com when talking about potential free agents for playoff teams:

San Jose

This team is loaded with huge salary cap decisions for the summer (which is part of the reason I, gulp, chose them to win the Cup in the pre-season. Sometimes, greed is good.) Huge names like Evgeni Nabokov and Patrick Marleau are joined by other very good players like Joe Pavelski and Devon Setoguchi. It might not be excessive to say that this playoff run is the biggest in Sharks' franchise history.

Joe Pavelski is a very very good and underrated player, and the Sharks may not  be able to afford him this summer.  This is the perfect player for the Rangers.  I would love to have him.  People will say he has not faced number one D pairs, but he has feasted on number two's, and look no further than the olympics where he was a stud for the Americans.  Pavelski is very good defensively and a great all around player.  He would fit in perfectly with their core,  would not be too expensive in terms of salary (hes a restricted free agent), and would keep them away from the barren free agent market.

Do you want the Rangers to get him?

What are the chances they can get him?

And what would it take to do the deal