FanPost

Rangers News: Rangers sign Zuccarello-Aasen

Note by Joe Fortunato: Stick salute to PhxRanger for breaking this. I'm just going to give you some more information on him, his story is "quoted" on the bottom.  The kid has put up more than a point per game on MODO in the SEL. Don't take those numbers with a grain of salt, they are fantastic. The SEL is the number one men's league in Sweden, a fantastic league of men, not youth.

This prospect was courted by many NHL teams, including Detroit, which is a great sign right there. He might be something special. Early word is that he might make a strong push to crack the NHL roster. Obviously that remains to be seen, but he could be very special.

Don't know if any of you saw this guy in the Olympics, but for a smaller forward I thought he was rather impressive. He was on the Norwegian olympic team, plays for MODO in the SEL. Don't know what do you all think about this? He is rather small at 5'7"...but like they say, its not the size of the dog in the fight its the size of the fight in the dog. One of my favorite players, Patrick Kane is listed at 5'10"...in my opinion thats generous because he sure as hell does not look like he is that tall....but anyway my point is that size is not all that matters, as long as you have the skill.

Here is the full story.