Playoff Update: WestCon Edition

(1) San Jose Sharks vs. (8) Colorado Avalanche(Col leads 2-1): In the series in which most people expected an upset, we may be getting our "wish." The Avalanche have used the hot goaltending of Craig Anderson and some well times overtime wins to propel themselves to a 2-1 series lead. Questions still remain over weather or not the Avalanche are going to be able to keep on withstanding the onslaught of Shark opportunities, but for now Colorado has to be Happy with their efforts.

(2) Chicago Blackhawks vs. (7) Nashville Predators(Series tied 1-1): Chicago seems to be the "sexy" pick for Stanley Cup Champions, but through two games (granted a very small sample size) we haven't see the "real" Chicago Backhawks. Expect Patrick Kane, Jonathan Toews and Patrick Sharp to break free eventually, but for now Nashville continues to prove that they belong to be the dark-horse team to watch.

(3) Vancouver Canucks vs. (6) Los Angeles Kings (LA leads 2-1): This is another series that has seen multiple overtime games, although in this series the outcomes have been split. The Kings, whom many considered to be too young and inexperienced to do any damage in the playoffs, have come out on fire and are proving that they can be a team to beat.

(4) Phoenix Coyotes vs. (5) Detroit Red Wings (Phx leads 2-1): Another very interesting series out West. With Phoenix having the best year they have ever recorded and Detroit coming off an injury ridden season, the pieces were in place for an all-out war. By the way where was this Derek Morris for the Rangers last year? Anyway this series has been fantastic, and let's hope it continues.

Use this as your open thread for tonight's games, if you so desire.