FanPost

Rangers Prospect News: McDonagh and Stepan return to Wisconsin

Now confirmed with a release from the University of Wisconsin.

NY Rangers fans will have to wait another year to see McDonagh and Stepan in Red, White and Blueshirts.
McDonagh will be the team Captain, and Stepan was named Assistant Captain.

Interesting read on the awards, and Stepan led the team in scoring this season.

Also of note are Wisconsin’s captains for the 2010-11 campaign. Defenseman Ryan McDonagh, who served as one of the team’s tri-captains this past season, will hold the duty by himself next season. Joining McDonagh in the leadership corps will be forward Derek Stepan, who will serve as assistant captain. Stepan finished this past season as the Badgers’ leading scorer, and also captained Team USA to a gold medal at the 2010 IIHF World Junior Championship.

Link to Badgers Hockey Announcement

Stick Salute to Jess @ TheProspectPark who had this rumored about a week ago based on his sources.