FanPost

Rangers News: Henrik Lundqvist having knee trouble

When I was doing my usual Rangers news search today, I came across this blog post from 5-hole.com:  http://5-hole.com/2010/04/22/no-worlds-for-henrik-lundqvist/. Apparently, Lundqvist won't be playing for Sweden in the I.I.H.F. World Championship next month due to a knee injury that hasn't responded to physical therapy. This makes finding a capable backup of tremendous importance during the off-season. Whoever that winds up being is going to have to play a much more involved role next season, and I'm not so sure Auld will cut it. Hopefully, Torts starts taking this situation seriously because Hank's health should be, in my mind, the team's top priority. Hank can't keep being the Blueshirts' crutch, come the playoff crunch, the way we currently play him.

I'm curious as to what everyone thinks. How many games will Lundqvist see next season? And is Auld the best backup bet or should we look elsewhere? Personally, I'd like to see CJ as our backup netminder if he'll get 15-20 games in net.