FanPost

Alexander Ovechkin

The amazingness of Alex Ovechkin was on display once again this postseason.

Everyone talks about how much firepower the Caps have, but in reality Ovech just makes everyone else look soo much better. Semin completely disappeared, Backstrom was nowhere to be found these past four games, Mike Green was horrendous all series, and Ovechkin still almost wills his team to victory. The end to end rushes were absurd, and the desire Ovechkin has to win is a welcome sight. He must have been on the ice the last 4 mins of the game, anyone who has played hockey knows how absurd that is. Did you see the Habs defensemen (gorges and gill) and how exhausted they were after a one minute shift? As good as Ovechkin is, I actually believe he is underrated. Everyone will pin this series on him, but that is completely absurd. He was able to hide the complete lack of a decent defensive defense-men and he was so good during the regular season that he could make Jose Theodore good. Of course its not all him, the rest of the team contributes, but I think he is responsible for a lot more than people give him credit for. He did all he could tonight, the refs called off his goal to start the third, not to mention on an end to end rush when he beat Halak the puck crawls right by the post. Everyone will bash Ovechkin, but to me he only reconfirmed his greatness.

He is a winner that just hasn't had the good fortune of winning.

Sorry this is just a bunch of jumbled thoughts, and I am sure some will call me crazy, but if you watched tonight I find it hard to believe that you can blame Ovechkin for this series.