FanPost

allow me to take a moment to reflect on greatness

if you have a moment, i'd like to indulge in a little gloating. i must admit i have a lot of great qualities, but modesty may not be one of them. allow me to present exhibit A of my greatness, my 1st round playoff picks:

hey "safe is death" right...

Montreal over Washington in 6
New Jersey over Philly in 6
Buffalo over Boston in 7
Pittsburgh over Ottawa in 4

San Jose over Colorado in 5
Chicago over Nashville in 6
Vancouver over LA in 7
Detroit over Phoenix in 5

by Rags to riches? on Apr 13, 2010 8:36 AM PDT reply

i'd like to direct your attention to the top of that list, thats right montreal, go ahead double check it. if montreal hadn't blown a 3 goal lead in game two, my prediction would've been perfect. and its not like i pulled them out of a hat...

I know I’ll get killed for montreal, but I’m going with goaltending and the thought that mon’s pp wll do better against the caps pk then the caps pp against mon’s pk. Plus if Theodore is in net in montreal, I think he might implode if something goes wrong, he may want this one too much to stay calm. I admit it’s a long shot.

by Rags to riches? on Apr 13, 2010 8:38 AM PDT

I'm surprised by it

but it wouldn’t be unheard of. I just think that Washington is WAY better than Montreal. I wouldn’t have minded out chances at them though

Blueshirt Banter: Covering the New York Rangers the only NHL team with three home arenas.

by Joe Fortunato on Apr 13, 2010 8:39 AM PDT

i agree wash. is much better...

but montreal played well against them this year (2-2 and all tight games i think) and i just dont like the caps team in the playoffs, i don’t care what the hockey pundits say, i think their defensive play blows. plus they have to increase their intensity in a hurry, so why not go for the big upset.

by Rags to riches? on Apr 13, 2010 8:44 AM PDT up reply actions

and I agree that their defensive play blows

and that they wont win the cup, but I think they are too good to lose out to Montreal

Blueshirt Banter: Covering the New York Rangers the only NHL team with three home arenas.

by Joe Fortunato on Apr 13, 2010 8:53 AM PDT

lets take a closer look at this spot on analysis.

Montreal will win the goaltending battle. Check, but ok who didn't see that coming?

Washington's D blows (the whole team sucks at it, their only saving grace is puck possesion.) Check, sorry E.J Hradek, looks like you cant just base defensive play analysis on a players plus minus.

If Theodore is in net in Montreal, he will probably implode. Check, although he upstaged me by doing it a little early (game 2 in Wash.)

and the clincher....

Montreal's PP will do better against the caps Pk rather than vice versa. Check and a gold star. what were the final numbers? like 1-33 to 6-32?

i put the oracle at delphi to shame. you may now commence kneeling before me.