FanPost

This team is sickening.

Just like the 1-0 debacle against Boston, the New York Rangers decided they were too good for a "Game 7" in the regular season and decided to crap out as usual.  I mean as fans what should we have expected?  A win?  This team hasn't looked competent since the beginning of November, so we should start trusting them now?  I've always been an optimistic guy, but this "playoff push" is infuriating.  The clearly was overmatched tonight by a superior team, and they obviously couldn't overcome them to stay in the playoff hunt which was handed to them.

Why should this team, which didn't try from mid-November to about a week ago deserve to go the playoffs?  They don't.  I've already said my piece on that, so I won't reiterate much of what post said, yet here we are again.  The Rangers have been handed this playoff push by a weak lower half of the Eastern Conference, yet they can't decide what to do.  Even today the team looked good in the first period.  They bailed Henrik Lundqvist who looked like an average backup after an amazing save in the beginning of the game.  They tied the game 2-2 today after being down twice, and looked like they could pull this off.

Yet, they let the Buffalo Sabres dominate them for the rest of the game.  Besides one fantastic save by Ryan Miller (that was highway robbery what he did to Marian Gaborik) the Sabres offense controlled the game.  It was sad to see a team's offense be controlled by the 3rd and 4th lines, while the top guys haven't scored in what seems like forever.  This team counts on Lundqvist to bail them out, yet when he looks human they don't do anything about it when the going gets tough.  It was like the Rangers tried, but when they went down a 3rd time they just completely lost it.  It's infuriating as a fan because I didn't want them to make the playoffs for personal reasons, yet I still am a fan and watch these games.  I want them to win because I love this team, but watching what was on the ice tonight was not even worth it.

Someone alerted me that the Florida announcers made a comment about us controlling our own destiny and how winning out would basically guarantee us a playoff spot.  I couldn't believe someone could trust the Rangers with their own destiny.  That's absurd!  We've seen time and time again this year this team does not know how to step up when it counts.  This is one of the reasons why they don't deserve a playoff spot.  We just can't win when we have too, we will fold like a lawn chair.  I thought Tortorella was supposed instill a fighting attitude in this team, now I'm not saying its all Torts' fault because where are the veterans when its time to just f*****g win!  This team is ridiculous!  We've been handed not one but TWO opportunities to grab this playoff spot by the horns and hopefully get a hold of it.

Just don't show up to the game against Toronto boys, you didn't earn your cab fare to the stadium.  Thanks for being an utter disappointment the 2009-10 New York Rangers.  You had a chance to redeem yourself to some people (not me but that's not the point) and lift their spirits after a trying season.  Well you failed.  You needed to hear it straight because you just screwed up and miserably failed.  You don't deserve the extra games.  You deserve to sit in the locker room for the next four months and think about what you've done to yourselves, your teammates, and your loyal fans.  Try again next year boys, we'll be waiting.