FanShot

Staal a top Defensive D-Man

According to James Mirtle, who put together a chart that took into account three advanced NHL statistics (Quality of Competition, Goals Against at Even Strength, and Goals Against while Shorthanded). Marc Staal ranked first in the league amongst all D-Men (min. 50 games played). At 23 Staal is coming along perfectly (even his offensive stats are on projections). Enjoy the feeling of a win tonight Blueshirt fans and also know that our #1 D-Man is a rock when it comes to Defense.