FanPost

Mike Ribiero

Hey fellow BB fans, long time follower, posted a couple times around the draft last year and figured I would give it another go around.

In any case I was thinking about the glaring holes the Rangers have and while we have boat loads of centers, frankly none of them are top flight.  EC has some upside but I dont think he will ever be a true 1st line caliber player.  Anisimov has impressed me a lot with how he has progressed this year and I think he may be able to one day be a first liner but he has some years to go and more likely will be a number two. Personally I like seeing both Drury and Dubinski much better on the wing and would like to see what either of them would be capable of doing on a first line with a better center.

This brings me to Mike Ribiero.

I can not remember the exact source but I will try and dig it up so bear with me.  Due to the financial struggles of the Dallas Stars owner, the team is supposedly limiting themselves to $45 million in pay role next year and there has been speculation that they might be willing to move Ribiero.  From what I have seen of him which is not much, he seems like a pretty good play maker who at the very least would be a better option than any of our centers. He does however carry with him a $5 million cap hit so some cap gymnastics would have to be done for us to take him on for the next three years without sending any real cap hit back to Dallas.

What does everyone think of him as a player, cap aside?  Understanding that there would be some serious gymnastics to pull this off, if he is worthwhile having, who do we offer for him, and what moves do we make to fit cap.  The rules of the game are no moving of Redden or Drury, sorry but neither of them are going anywhere next year.