FanPost

I dont understand, what is a "Torts" defensemen

I am honestly really confused by all the talk lately about how no Ranger defensemen can manage to play in Tortorella's system.  All I hear around here is how "Potter is a solid defensemen and NHL ready, but just doesnt fit in Torterella's system," or "Sauer can help teams a lot, but he just doesnt fit in here in Torts system," and now I am even hearing the same thing about Sanguinetti.  I really don't get it.  The Rangers currently have all different types of defensemen that have managed to fit in, Staal the physical defensively responsible, Gilroy the speedy offensive potential and work in progress defensively, Girardi the big but not physical, but good positioned defensemen, Del Zotto with the great vision and good physicality that needs help  positionally, I see all these players that have fit in fine so to speak and wonder why everyone is saying these players dont fit in Torts system.  Someone enlighten me cause i am very confused.  What is a "Tortorella defensemen"?