Rangers and MZA Close to Deal

According to Larry Brooks, the Rangers are close to announcing the signing of Mats Zuccarello-Aasen at the conclusion of the World Championship tournament. The Rangers and MZA will be agreeing to a two-year deal that will pay the Swiss Norwegian forward the entry-level deal maximum salary of $900,000. While $900,000 is the maximum base salary a player with an entry-level deal can make, bonuses are not included in that number. It is unknown whether MZA's deal will include bonuses.  If the deal includes bonuses, then MZA's cap hit will be above the $900,000 salary.