NHL News: Congrats to the Blackhawks

CHICAGO - APRIL 07: Members of the Chicago Blackhawks salute the crowd following a win over the St. Louis Blues at the United Center on April 7, 2010 in Chicago, Illinois. The Blackhawks defeated the Blues 6-5. (Photo by Jonathan Daniel/Getty Images)

I would like to take the time to congratulate the Chicago Blackhawks on making it to the Stanley Cup Finals after they swept the San Jose Sharks with a 4-2 win at the United Center earlier this afternoon. Just four more wins and they will become Champions for the first time since 1961 and for the fourth time in their history. They are a young team that plays like a veteran squad, and whether they meet up with the Montreal Canadiens or the Philadelphia Flyers from the East, they are my pick to win Lord Stanley's mug. To me, they just do not seem like they can be stopped.

Taking four out of seven against the Predators, Canucks, and now the Sharks was no easy task. They faced adversity after some rough losses, but they always seemed to bounce back in the series, led by Captain Jonathan Toews. As long as they continue to put the puck in the net, get defensive support from Duncan Keith and company, and Niemi stays consistent, I don't see the Flyers or the Habs beating them in the Finals.

Also, I have very good news to share. It is very likely that I will be headed to one game of the Stanley Cup Finals to cover it live from the arena. Obviously I do not know when and where I will be headed yet since the Eastern Conference Finals are still being played, but looking forward to the experience nonetheless.

For more on the Blackhawks' magical run, head over to Chicago's home on SB Nation: Second City Hockey