FanPost

Trade Rozi+Sangs for offense?

This was on the SB site for the blue jackets (i think, its real late) Simple 'copy and paste' by me. Now the question is, NYR GM's, yes or no? ((read below))

5) Michal Rozsival and Bobby Sanguinetti - New York Rangers

048_michal_rozsival--300x300_medium

This one may be way in left field, but on paper the Jackets would be getting a veteran offensive defenseman and an up-and-coming player of the same ilk. Roszival's cap hit is a whopping 5mil for the next two seasons, and Sanguinetti is still on his entry level contract.

Potential Trade Offer: Kristian HuseliusNikita Filatov, Marc Methot

Result: The Jackets gets a major upgrade in offense from the blueline, and the Rangers get some added scoring. Methot and Juice's cap hit will make Rozsival's a wash. Filatov is the wild card- would the Rangers be willing to trade defense to Columbus for another enigmatic Russian?