FanPost

ITS OFFICIAL...FRODO FROM MODO IS A RANGER

The Rangers announced today that they signed Mats Zuccarello Aasen. This is not news to those who read the Banter on a conisistent basis but now that the T's are crossed the I's are dotted we can all rest easy that we have him under contract. Here is the link from the Ranger homepage

http://rangers.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=530219&navid=DL|NYR|home

here is a clip from the site...

The newest member of the Rangers organization, Mats Zuccarello Aasen, will arrive in New York this fall with the sort of international resume that few elite NHL players possess and a remarkable hockey story that is truly all his own.

Before he began playing professionally, Zuccarello Aasen, 22, had two major strikes against him as far as his potential for reaching the NHL. He has already managed to overcome both of these potential obstacles at every other level, and those who know him well say there is no reason he won't find similar success in North America -- which would only help add to his growing notoriety in the hockey world.

Mats Zuccarello Aasen has drawn comparisons to current NHL stars from two former stars in Markus Naslund and Niklas Lidstrom, who were teammates of his with MoDo of the Swedish league in 2009-10.

The first concern with Zuccarello Aasen was his size. He stands 5-foot-7 in a world where most top players are well over six feet tall. The second concern was that he came from Norway, which has developed only four NHL players in the same time period that neighboring Sweden has produced hundreds.

<!--Session data-->