FanPost

Lundqvist is amazing, but is he worth it and how valuable is he?

Henrik Lundqvist has a higher yearly cap hit than any other goalie in the NHL

As this playoffs shows all NHL goalies are truly fantastic and the difference between them is not quite as large as one may think

Look around the league.  Michael Leighton carried Phily to the stanley cup, Antti Niemi was amazing for Chicago, Brian Boucher carried the Flyers through the first stretch of the playoffs and past the Devils, Craig Anderson carried Colorado this year, the same for Ilya Bryzgalov in Phoenix, Jimmy Howard was fantastic for Detroit, the Devils didnt miss a beat last year when Brodour went down, Jonathon Quick was great in LA, Halak was unstoppable for Montreal, and the list goes on.

What all of those players have in common is they cost nowhere near 6.5 million dollars per, in fact I would assume every single goalie on this list cost then than 2.5 per.

The question is, is it worth it to invest that much money in the goalie position?  Can any goalie be worth 6.5m per year?  And how valuable is he at that price?

Unlike Drury and Redden, Hank is a big contract that is actually movable, and could actually fetch a good return.  Is it worth it to explore a trade?

Just throwing it out there