FanPost

Where do we go from here?

To start things off, i don't want to be the killer of all the speculation of what is going to happen to our team but i just want to get a few things off my mind. As always I'd love any kind of input you may have.

Just as anyone else I'm starting to get into the hype about what this coming off-season is going to do for our team. Now as a Ranger fan i guess i could expect just about anything (last years off season trade and signing). We all hope for a lot of things to happen and i for one hope just as much as anyone else. Send our good buddy Arma-redden to the depths of the Wolf Pack, get Sather out of here, and see our team go in the right direction more so than last year. We got a tone of new young talent making there marks and hoping for a roster spot on the team next year. We also have a few that will need another year to get themselves comfortable.

Now i think everyone here has their hopes and dreams in the FA market coming up and as well as the draft. A lot of us have all made our guess as to what might/will happen either on this very site or in our heads while at hope crying as we watch what could have been us playing. Yes i know i have a better chance of seeing Arma-redden make a come back and be the same Redden Ottawa had years ago and be worth some small part of his contract. Speaking of Defense. My Father and i made a bet int he beginning of the season as to which Rookie defense men (Del Zotto/Gilroy) would score more points over the season. Well seeing as neither were really all that great and needed some serious training in the minors, when the season came to an end i kept my mouth shut. Though i must admit i was very impressed with Staal this year and on some nights Girardi as well. Rosi caught my attention at the end of the year but I'm still ify with him.

As far as offense goes. Yeah it was great to have a legit goal scorer again but the rest of the team kinda died on us. Prospel surprised me a bit, didn't think he'd be as productive as he was. If it weren't for the injuries i think Callahan would have scored at least 25 this year, Dubi was a nice little gift this year, production as far as goals went up. Drury was just what he was, a good penalty killer nothing more. Avery had his night as was mentioned in a previous article. Boyle i thought could have done better physically. Christensen, i hope he gets better and adds some weight. For the rest of our little squad, nothing great but not too bad either.

Given the next year or two with very good idea of which way the team will go from here we might just be able to hold the 5 or 6 spot in the east down the stretch and maybe 5 years or so Cup contenders? That's my Hope and Dream and its everyone's dream but i guess we have to see where we go from here.