NHL News: Blackhawks Two Wins From Stanley, Edge Flyers 2-1

After the frantic, all-star game like pace of Saturday night's 6-5 Game 1 win by the Blackhawks, a much tighter tilt tonight by both teams.

Marian Hossa put the Hawks ahead late in the second period, and Ben Eager notched the game-winner just 28 seconds later as the Chicago Blackhawks held on to defeat the Flyers 2-1 in Game Two of the Stanley Cup Finals to send the series to Philadelphia with the Hawks just two wins from their first Stanley Cup Championship since 1961.

After giving up five goals in the first game, Antti Niemi was stellar, and especially in the third period against a relentless Flyers attack. Philadelphia outshot Chicago 16-4 in the final 20 minutes.

Simon Gagne scored a power play goal as the penalty was expiring to bring the Flyers to within one, but Hawks goalkeeper Antti Niemi was able to hold off the Flyers, making 32 saves in all.

Flyers goaltender Michael Leighton was also much sharper after being pulled in Game One, making 24 saves, but ultimately those 28 seconds in the middle period did him and the Flyers in.

Much more physical game than the first, although that was to be expected with Dan Carcillo back in the lineup for Philly after sitting out the opener.