FanPost

Found this article about a big (Fictional) trade between the Caps and Rangers

[Note by Jim Schmiedeberg, 05/04/10 3:03 PM EDT keep in mind this is just some conjecture from Larry Brooks, but I thought it would be fun to discuss)

Found this article and thought it was interesting as Brooks talks about trading Green for Staal with other players involved. http://www.nypost.com/p/sports/more_sports/caps_on_right_track_wxsKypBvSnhzRxdkSVEBmM and for a short version go to http://www.snyrangersblog.com/2010/05/03/poll-would-you-make-this-trade/. It intrigues me because of how opposite these players are and how each team could benefit or suffer depending.

In the New York Post yesterday, while writing about the Washington Capitals, Larry Brooks writes about Mike Green who struggled in the post season.

Mike Green, caught in purgatory, is a blue-chip stock who never has traded lower. And OK, here’s a two-part question: If McPhee were to come calling tomorrow offering Green and maybe Tomas Fleischmann or Eric Fehr to the Rangers for Marc Staal and, say, Ryan Callahan or Brandon Dubinsky, what would you do and what would you have GM Glen Sather do?

For some background on this fictional trade, Green, 24, had 74 points this past season, is a Norris Trophy finalist and is signed for the next two years at $5.25 million. Fehr and Fleischmann are both RFA’s this summer and had 39 and points respectively.

Please leave thoughts because I am undecided.