Valiquette signs with CSKA Moscow of KHL

The Spiderman of Hockey as we know it is no longer based in New York City.

From Lauri at Beyond the Blueshirts:

"Sovietsky Sport is reporting that New York Rangers goaltender Steve Valiquette has signed with CSKA Moscow of the KHL."

"This will be the second stint in Russia for the 32-year old Valiquette, who spent the 2005-2006 season with Lokomotiv Yaroslavl. He’ll join Rangers 2009 seventh round draft pick Mikhail Pashnin on CSKA Moscow."

My take: Sad to see Spiderman go, but at 32 and with the Rangers apparently having fun playing backup goaltender roulette, I don't blame him one bit. It's cold over there, sure, but they pay well and I'm sure he will play well too.

Let's hear it in the comments on this whole back-up goalie situation.