FanPost

Why No Patience for the Young Players??????

Ive seen time and time again people are more than willing to part with Artem Anisimov, Evgeny Grachev, Dubinsky, Callahan, Chris Krieder, McDonagh, and even Derek Stephan for players like St. Louis, Spezza, and even to make room for guys like Plekanec, etc. Im am extremely curious why people are so willing to give up young players to trade for guys that are older, somewhat over the hill etc when it took those guys a couple years to get really good. I feel the problem in the past with this organization was that we didn't have much home grown talent and we constantly traded it away. Now that we are in the thick of a Youth movement people are calling to trade these guys away and it makes zero sense to me. I feel like the thirst for big name players is so great here in New York that we will never have a good team because everyone wants the big name and so does Sather so he would deliver and throw away a bunch of our great young talent. That would be the worst thing to ever happen. So I just want to say be patient with the young guys you'll learn to love them in a couple of years.