Dane Byers Contract Details

Capgeek has the details on Dane Byers contract extension with the Rangers.  Byers signed a one year, two-way contract.  His AHL salary will be $90,000 (a $10,000 increase on last year), and his NHL salary will be $500,000, which is consistent with his salary last year.  Byers will be a restricted free agent when the contract expires.

This deal surprises me a little, as I thought Byers would have pushed for a one-way deal to guarantee himself more money.  As a RFA, he had very little negotiating power though.